Friday, May 22, 2009

Maula - Atif Aslam

Maulaaaaa
Maulaaaaaaaa

He starts off with an alaap of the word MAULA that means ALLAH, GOD

Mujh ko bata mera ghar hai kahan maula
Jogi bana main phirda rawan kinna ?

GHAR = HOME
JOGI = A PERSON HAVING NO CONCERN TO THIS MATERIALISTIC WORLD

O ALLAh, tell me where is my home? tell me the place where i actually belong to cuz i m searching 4 my base like JOGIZ but i ve not been succesful till now. tell me how much more i will walk around (phirda rawan) in quest of my reality.

Ruh ko tu hawa , bus tu hi aab hai ...
Is nazar ko tou sirf tera hi khwaab hai

ROOH = SOUL
HAWA = AIR
AAB = WATER
NAZAR = EYE SIGHT
KHWAAB = DREAM

Oh my Lord my everything belongs to you, you are just un-avoidable for me like water and air for life. You are the air in which my soul breathes and you are the water on which my soul is alive.

Shor kyun kar rahi yahan har ek zaban ...
Naam tera kahan gumshada gumshada ...

SHOR = NOISE
ZABAN = TONGUE
NAAM = NAME
GUMSHUDA = LOST

I see millions of tongues all around me talking, chit chatting, singing, making noise but why don't I find the tongues taking the name of ALLAH, the greatest, ALLAH, who created us. why do ppl have tym to talk rubbish but not remember ALLAH